Vastu Shastra Principles
Making a home according to Vastu Shastra principles can be a complex process, but here are some general guidelines to follow:
- The main entrance should face east or north to allow for the flow of positive energy.
- The master bedroom should be located in the southwest corner of the house, while the children’s bedrooms can be located in the northwest or west.
- The kitchen should be located in the southeast corner of the house to promote health and prosperity. The stove should face east, and the cook should face east while cooking.
- The living room should be located in the northeast or east portion of the house, while the dining room can be in the northwest or west.
- The prayer room or puja room should be located in the northeast portion of the house.
- The bathroom should be located in the west or northwest, and the toilet should be in the northwest or southwest portion of the house.
- The study room or home office should be located in the north or east portion of the house.
- Avoid having a bedroom or kitchen located in the center of the house, as this can disrupt the flow of energy.
- Use light, bright colors for walls and decor, as this promotes positivity and energy flow.
- Ensure that there is ample natural light and ventilation in each room.
It is important to note that these are just general guidelines, and the specific layout and design of a home according to Vastu Shastra principles can vary depending on factors such as the plot of land, individual needs and preferences, and the purpose of the building. Consulting with a Vastu Shastra expert or architect can provide a more customized approach to designing a home according to Vastu principles.